Total Movements, member to the Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) in India, has announced that it successfully handled and delivered more than 65,000 freight tons of cargo to the 5MTPA LNG Regasification Terminal in Odisha, India.
Cargoes came in all shapes and sizes, from small packages stuffed in general and special containers to ODCs and heavylifts as breakbulk with the heaviest piece weighing 150 ton.
For a single project, there were multiple shipments at different ports and each with a distinct work scope & its own set of challenges.
Key challenges in this project were:
• Temporary import and re-export of a lot of machinery cargo.
• Seamless handling of project cargo at the port in close co-ordination with port authorities and the site.
• Carrying out detailed civil engineering calculations to handle the heavy cargo at the port.
• Synchronization of multiple transportation legs for coastal heavylift cargo.
• Getting suitable breakbulk vessels to call Dhamra port.