Worldwide Project Consortium (WWPC) members gathered in Toronto, Canada, for their 21st annual membership conference during 3.-6. September.
Meeting each other face-to-face, discussing business opportunities and enjoying social events in the stunning and vibrant city of Toronto presented another highlight for the participants.
WWPC local Canadian host and sponsor to the event, Mr. Gerald Hess, President of Ambercor Shipping and Mr. Marcel Hafemann, Vice President of Ambercor Shipping, made sure the group had a great time in Toronto. Member-to-Member sessions, dinners and excursions allowed time to interact with fellow members and sponsors.
The conference agenda gave amble time to interesting presentations from:
- Mr. Carsten Wendt from Wallenius Wilhelmsen informed about the present state of global shipping.
- Stevedore and Terminal Operator Logistec Corporation, represented by Mr. David Marceau, Mr. Jean-Marc Belanger and Mr. John Bean, explained about operations and services for heavy and outsized cargo shipments and informed about their company, focused on the maritime sector in Canada.
- Air Canada Cargo, Mr. Stephen Harvey, gave a presentation about their fleet and services for heavy and outsized shipments.
- Air Lift Group, Mr. Alexander Kraynov, introduced their services in chartering cargo airplanes for the heavy and outsized industrial shipment market.
- Guest speaker Mr. Matthew Yeshien of Marsh Mc Lennan presented detailed insight in maritime and project cargo logistics risk insurance.
- The American Journal of Transportation (AJOT) was introduced and represented Mr. George Lauriat, Editor-in-Chief.
The WWPC auction supported Moorelands Kids, a Toronto based children charity, which was awarded with USD 25,000 - as a result of selling sponsored items from Air Lift Group, Bolk Transport, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, Air Canada Cargo, JSL Global, POL-Agent, Ambercor Shipping, AJOT, CN Tower 360 Restaurant and the conference venue Hilton Toronto Hotel.
In addition, the attending members generously contributed with money donations to round up the end result.
The WWPC Board of Advisors was re-elected for the period until the next membership conference and consists of:
- Richard Lee, CNC Freight Services, Malaysia
- Ahmed Dahshan, KML (Khedivial Marine Logistics), Egypt,
- Marcel Hafemann, Ambercor Shipping, USA
- Ole Dammann, LS Cargo Logistics, Germany.
As location for the 2024 WWPC membership conference the members voted for Ho Chi Minh City in November 2024 and WWPC Vietnam member A My Transport & Services Corporation, headed by Mr. Huynh Vi Phuc (Philip), Managing Director, accepted to be the local host.
The WWPC like to thank their sponsors Wallenius Wilhelmsen, Logistec Corporation, Ambercor Shipping, Air Canada Cargo and Air Lift Group for supporting this event.